gaiagal

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Lilyism

I called today to make my yearly ob/gyn appointment. The receptionist asked if Lily is coming, and then I remembered why she was interested in my kid. At the last minute I had to bring Lily to my annual pap smear and exam. We stopped in the bathroom on the way in so I could leave a urine sample. She is a very curious kid, and I always speak frankly to her about our bodies, but I really didn't want her blasting me with questions from between my legs with my feet up. I thought I came up with a clever solution. I brought a bag of peanut M&Ms, put a chair up near my head, and gave them to her right when we started the exam. She stayed put, asked just a few questions, and ate all the candy in record speed. I got dressed, feeling quite pleased about how well it had gone. Then the sugar kicked in. As we opened the door to walk back through the waiting area (now packed with people) to exit the building, Lily yells excitedly, "Hey everybody!" In a split second my stomach lurched as Lily prepared to make an announcement of some kind. "My mommy can pee in a cup!"

4 Comments:

  • At 11/10/2005 03:34:00 AM, Blogger JohnFen said…

    It's always fascinating when we discover those closest to us have hidden talents, isn't it? Who can blame her for being proud?

     
  • At 11/10/2005 01:13:00 PM, Blogger Cait said…

    Oh, Dawn, you should have known. It's LILY for pete's sake. How could you possibly think she wouldn't have something unique to say about the whole procedure. Actually, I think you probably got off light.

     
  • At 11/13/2005 04:07:00 PM, Blogger F@ery said…

    Poor you! But she sounds so cute too!

     
  • At 11/13/2005 07:15:00 PM, Blogger Miko said…

    Lily is very proud! Incidentally, don't you just love when they tell you to do it "midstream?"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home