gaiagal

Friday, October 14, 2005

Suggestions?

Because I hang with the coolest, most clever cyber-friends around, I'm asking for your help in a theme or title for my party. The scene: A gathering to celebrate the fact that I am outliving the odds quoted to me the day I was diagnosed with heart disease. The resident told me I wouldn't live more than 5 years without a heart transplant. Here I am, no meds, and planning on sticking around. I am thrilled to be planning Lily's 5th birthday party, I clearly remember thinking about it when I was critically ill. Hearts are an obvious theme, but not my style. I'd like to come up with something a bit more obscure. Help! Ideas?

5 Comments:

  • At 10/15/2005 01:52:00 AM, Blogger Cait said…

    One of the best parties we ever had was a "crazy hat" party. Some of the hats were very creative and most were funny. People won't wear a whole costume, but will slap on a hat. You could make it a "heart hat" party. Or people could just wear an article of clothing with hearts on it. Or you could have an Alice in Wonderland party with you as the Queen of Hearts and others as other characters. Or a deck of cards (or Tarot cards) with you as the Queen of hearts, again, and others as other cards. Make a CD that is all songs which have "heart" or "hearts" in the titles. Wish I could be there. I'd paint hearts on my condom hat and wear it. Yep, I glued condoms all over a hard hat.

     
  • At 10/15/2005 01:54:00 AM, Blogger Cait said…

    Or just make everyone wear red.

     
  • At 10/16/2005 05:55:00 AM, Blogger Miko said…

    Yes, queens! (Or talk show hostesses!)

    Or how about making a CD of songs with the word heart in them, and changing it - and other words - to "fart?" Okay, I know it's not strictly relevant, but it's something I'd do!

    Really, the possibilities are endless!

     
  • At 10/17/2005 02:43:00 PM, Blogger Cap'n Marrrrk said…

    Come as your favorite Holiday party. That's what I'm doing for my Birthday.

    Maybe some kind of Anti-Death Party.

     
  • At 10/19/2005 01:48:00 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    great stuff. thanks...I'll let you know what we come up with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home