gaiagal

Friday, October 14, 2005

Flu

I managed to get an appointment for Lily's flu shot this year, after much internal debate over the vaccine controversy. If she gets the flu, it's more likely to hit her hard because of her heart. (structurally not normal) As far as the vaccine preservative issue, there is much controversy linking mercury to neurological issues. And Miss Lily may have a neurological issue. So.....I got the pleasure of running all the possible scenarios through my head and speaking with a couple of docs I trust, and she's getting the shot on Monday. More flu worries: as if the State and Federal governments tripping up our adoption plans aren't enough, now Mother Nature is going to join in with the Avian Flu. Traveling to China in the near future with my health-compromised family probably isn't the best idea... And when will it stop raining?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home