gaiagal

Monday, August 01, 2005

Your call is very important to us

Have you ever called the office of Homeland Security? I was on hold for 47 minutes. I listened to pleasant music occasionally interrupted by an announcer who explained the ins and outs of applying for various states of residency/naturalization/visas in the US. Over and over and over. I finally got a real human, and she couldn't answer my question (for security reasons) My question? "Does the CIS office have my petition and fingerprints on file?" She wouldn't tell me! You see, I was fingerprinted two weeks ago, but then Saturday opened another "request" for prints. They state a date and exact time, and if you don't show, they abandon your petition. Petitioning to adopt an unidentified orphan is a matter of a national security issue. So far in this adoption drama I've been tripped up by two agencies: DCF, which had me wait 3 months before they cleared me of any record of child abuse, and now CIS, with the fingerprinting shenanigans.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/02/2005 01:53:00 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    there's entirely too much red tape. good people like you guys opening your home and hearts to a child shouldn't cause so much grief. i commend you for your diligence and spirit and hope your reward is swift. many blessings...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home