gaiagal

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Dreamy kitchen

My kitchen: Small, somewhat functional, and decorated in a way that hurts me a bit in the form of blue toile. If the dishwasher is open, I can't get to the sink. I try and see the positive: I'm lucky to have a dishwasher. I do a lot of cooking because of our gluten issues, so a kitchen that I want to hang out in would be groovy. We've come up with a layout, and now I need to think about the details including wood and colors. There will be nothing blue about it. In doing some kitchen design searching, I came across this fabulous setup which my husband will most certainly veto: The Coffin Kitchen But I really love it. Seriously. He wouldn't let me decorate the half bath with my many pictures of the Madonna, either. I have several that light up. Not to mention the snow globes. Some people just don't get it.

1 Comments:

  • At 9/01/2005 09:16:00 AM, Blogger Cait said…

    Okay, I'll admit, I'm one who does not get it. The madonna pics I get (unless you're talking about the singer). The coffin kitchen, no. I think the joke would wear thin in a hurry, although the materials are beautiful. We have a friend who redesigned and enlarged her kitchen, because she said her other one was "a one-butt kitchen". If more than one person got in the kitchen, they were bumping butts. So she designed a multi-butt kitchen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home