gaiagal

Friday, June 03, 2005

The New Yorker!

Nancy Loving,our fearless leader and visionary at WomenHeart just announced that she has raised a ridiculous sum of money in order to place the new public service ads in the New Yorker. Look for it in September! The PSA will be in a special fold-out format, featuring all 4 of the "white-blouse" photos. We had enough money only for a targeted ad buy, so the PSA will appear in these markets: NYC, Washington DC, Miami, Seattle, Boston, Philadelphia, San Fran, LA, and all of AZ. It will reach 650,000 of the New Yorker's 1,000,000 readers. In case you've forgotten...here is our photo. Just refer to me as you famous modeling, heart-diseased, won't-stop-blogging-about-it friend. By the way, 4.6 years ago they (the docs) said almost no one with my heart function m(at that time) makes it past 5 years without a transplant. That big day is November 10th, and I plan on having some sort of event. Any fun ideas?

4 Comments:

  • At 6/06/2005 10:58:00 PM, Blogger Cait said…

    You are both just so beautiful.

     
  • At 6/06/2005 11:06:00 PM, Blogger dawn said…

    thanks! That photo was taken just over a year ago, and already I think she looks more grown up. Less fat in the cheeks or something.

     
  • At 6/09/2005 12:13:00 AM, Blogger theBlueSmokeBand said…

    Congrats and bravo to those who made it possible. For the celebration, I suggest a high cholesterol barbecue feast -- that'll show 'em :) I'll sponsor it if you want to fly out to California.

     
  • At 6/10/2005 04:53:00 PM, Anonymous Sandaura said…

    I'm in! It's gonna be LOUD, LOUD and LOUD I say. Let the Universe hear our celebration of YOU!! I think we'll start with the menu, then move on to the music. We ought to have a theme, like - everybody wears red or some such greatness...
    I love yer blog dahlingha! xxoo S

     

Post a Comment

<< Home