gaiagal

Thursday, June 23, 2005

The List

My list seems to have grown a bit since the diagnosis of my heart disease. For some reason, I seem to be facing each fear on my list this week. 1. Butterflies 2. Marshmallows (yeah, I don't like white food. especially those.) 3. Snakes 4. Creasing paper 5. Putting my head under water (this has to do with having been in end stage heart failure. I used to be a strong swimmer) Now not all of these are crazy. OK, so the creasing paper fear is nuts, I know. I visited a butterfly conservatory last week. It was one of the creepiest things I've ever done, and I'm pleased to cross it off the list. No need to do that again. This weekend I'm going camping with Kate on an island off the coast of Maine. We are calling it a Visionquest...but we are bringing good vodka and marshmallows, so I'm not so sure. At any rate, maybe I can cross #2, #3, and #4 off the list as well after our trip. I've heard that those white fluffy blobs of corn syrup are tasty when roasted over an open fire.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/26/2005 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Cait said…

    Everyone has irrational fears. Creasing paper - paper cuts. I can see that. I don't like clowns. They don't seem humorous to me at all.

     
  • At 6/26/2005 05:37:00 PM, Anonymous chasmyn said…

    Marshmallows? Really? Huh.

     
  • At 6/27/2005 07:10:00 PM, Anonymous Yoyogoil said…

    Well, you have your priorites straight. Get to the heart of the matter - esp when it comes to ridding ourselves of fears that make no sense but zap our energy. Hey, I hate centipedes and hiking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home