gaiagal

Friday, May 13, 2005

We did it!

We're officially licensed by the State of Connecticut to be foster and adoptive parents. Well, the paperwork will be done soon, anyway. Now we move on the conquer Homeland Security, and then China. (deep breath...one hoop at a time) I've signed on to be a foster mom while we wait for the adoption. I'll be occasionally caring for newborns born in the Hartford area while their birthparents make decisions about the final placement. Of course, none of these kids will be available to us to adopt, we are simply agreeing to give them some love (and exposure to a loud four-year old) while their fate is determined. That, and we'll feed them, too. That oughta take care of my baby fix. Each placement will last less than 2 weeks. Having a great visit with Grandma. Also, I've been tagged "it" by Cait...looking forward to composing my responses to the IF I COULD BE ideas floating around.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/14/2005 07:52:00 AM, Blogger Miko said…

    Ooh, baby fix! Don't tell anyone, but I'm starting to get a desperate need for one too. Is it our age, or what?

    You are so lucky!

     
  • At 5/16/2005 07:21:00 PM, Anonymous chasmyn said…

    Wow, congratulations! Yeah, it's so much paperwork - why people think that adopting is easier than birthing is a mystery to me.

    I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to start hearing about some of these newborn sweetheatrs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home