gaiagal

Thursday, May 19, 2005

All you have to do is ask

As this adoption becomes more real, I found myself thinking about the Chinese community in this area. Yesterday I decided that I needed to do some research into it sometime soon. Today, I was visiting my favorite consignment shop with kid clothes, and Lily made a new friend. Lily was bolding inviting her new friend to our house when both moms intervened. We traded numbers, and I was pleased I asked about this other mom's first language. She responded "Chinese". Looking forward to our playdate. This evening, I got a call from a middle school parent looking for a tutor for his son. We were looking at our schedules for a convienent time, and he mentioned that Saturdays were not good because his son has Chinese class. I pushed a bit and asked about it, and his father is Chinese. I like this type of manifestation. New playmate and more tutoring, along with the Chinese connection. And I didn't lift a finger to make it happen. Sorta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home