gaiagal

Thursday, April 28, 2005

We've just returned from an overnight in Boston. John had a liver biopsy scheduled for 7am this morning, and since we are 2 hours away, a hotel seemed the best option. It's been a trying day. We ate at a restaurant last night, and the Celiac disease is in full swing today. Not to mention John is in pain from the biopsy. Sometimes a liver biopsy will cause pain in the right shoulder. He has experienced this before, so today he asked why. His doc explained that in utereo the liver is formed up near the right shoulder, and slowly moves down. Strange. So, although the needle went in just under his ribcage, his right shoulder and neck hurt. Enough for him to complain, which is rare. Lily, making the day more entertaining as usual, found a set of rosary beads in her backpack when we were dressing at the hotel this morning. My grandma made them. Cheap plastic beads on white string and a plastic white crucifix. I'd forgotten that my aunt said that Lily should have them. So, Lily insists on wearing it as jewelry today, occasionally striking the same pose as Jesus and saying "look, we're twins".

2 Comments:

  • At 5/01/2005 10:11:00 PM, Blogger funkyjunkie said…

    hmmm, lily = jesus??

    well, that's better than a 3 y/o I knew what who thought that Mrs. Butterworth's was Jesus.

     
  • At 5/05/2005 10:20:00 AM, Blogger Miko said…

    Out of the mouths of babes!

    I hope you are both feeling much, much better. I cannot imagine what the celiac disease and liver biopsy pains are like, but if they are anything like my gall bladder thingie, I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy (or maybe I would, knowing me!). Take it easy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home