gaiagal

Monday, March 28, 2005

Warm fuzzies

Two bits of writing arrived in my mailbox today, both from the women of honor at the Blessingway. We asked Leslie to write a letter of reference for us for our adoption. We've been friends for 17 years, and seen many ups and downs together. The entire thing had me a little weepy, but here's the line that set me sobbing:
A child placed with Dawn, John, and Lily will not only have love and support, they will have so much more. They will have a lifetime of stars and wonder.
The other piece of writing came from Lynn in a note of thanks for our Goddess Party:
Giving Birth Amongst Friends As I sat amongst you the I faded the We of old emerged, drawn out by your sparkling glances through the celebration of the We within. Simplicity reached out from the complexity to reveal the knowing of billions that have come before, the egg grown to ripeness, some two legged, some four some that have no legs at all, yet birth it is. Welcoming enthusiasm washes over the soul. Gratitude, a pillar in the spine making me feel tall and strong as I shine back at you, thank you sweet women.... thank you so much

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home