gaiagal

Monday, March 07, 2005

Red Tape

This is the week when I'll attempt to get the first bunch of paperwork done for the adoption. I'm buried beneath a pile of files now. Everything in triplicate, certified, notarized, blah. I've been on the phone with county and city clerks in 3 states already this morning. One of my personality traits that got me nominated (by John) to do the paper work was my sense of orgnaization. I already have the files set up, lists made, and phone/email list done. The thing I'm getting hung up on is writing the "autobiography". Five pages typewritten, with specific questions. I'm having trouble narrowing it down to five. One question asks for info about our children. Well, you all know that I could write five pages alone on how entertaining she is, never mind how in love we are with her, or how she's changed the universe. Most of the autobiography is written, now I just need to shrink it. Figure out what may be incriminating. It is a strange feeling to have your life examined to see whether or not you should be able to raise a child. State and federal investigations. Fingerprinting even. I'm communicating regularly with Homeland Security. Hope they don't find my blog. How would I explain the masturbation synonym generator?

3 Comments:

  • At 3/08/2005 01:15:00 AM, Blogger JohnFen said…

    Don't worry about the synonym generator -- just tell them that you want to be able to understand all that newfangled youth slang so you can tell if your children are getting into... trouble?

     
  • At 3/08/2005 05:37:00 AM, Blogger Miko said…

    That's good advice!

    Dawn, don't forget to think a little less like a mum, and more like the guys on the other end. That's really important when dealing with any form of bureaucracy (I should know, I've had years and years of dealing with red tape in both of "my" countries). Give 'em want they want.

     
  • At 3/08/2005 05:39:00 AM, Blogger Miko said…

    I don't mean to brag, but do you know anyone else who can spell the word "bureaucracy" without checking first? Well, now you do!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home