gaiagal

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Full Circle

Several of our friends have a special thing going on with Lily. It's wonderful to watch it develop, and I love the sense of community it creates. The tightest bonds seem to be forming with the women who don't yet have children, or whose children are grown. India, before she died, had quite a love affair with Lily. After her death, a group of us gathered and spoke of the importance of caring for India's boys, even though they were in college. They still have a group of mother hens looking after them. We also spoke of creating the type of intimacy within our group so that we know if something happens to one of us, our children will be cared for and nurtured. We haven't even said it out loud again, but the group is changing. Those relationships are growing with the children, and with each other. The unexpected death brought us to a new level. So, a package arrived today from Maureen. She was sick and unable to attend the Blessingway. She's our favorite storyteller, and we missed her! She has 3 grown daughters, and has fallen hard for Miss Lily, and enjoys shopping for her. My favorite story that Maureen tells is one from her divorce trial. It was a high profile trial, as she was married to a pop star who would make most readers of this blog run from the store or push the alarm button on the elevator where he was being piped through the intercom. (This, for the record, is one of the least interesting things about Maureen.) India was called to testify on Maureen's behalf. When India took the stand, the questioning went like this:
"State your name" "India Blue" "Is that your real name?" "Yes" "What is it that you do, Ms. Blue?" "I worship the Goddess."
*Snicker, snicker* At that point in the late 80's, I can imagine India doing this with sincerity. It was around this time that the first circle started. A group of women who all had home births got together to talk about breast feeding and motherhood, and it turned into more of a spiritual venture. I came into the picture shortly after, kid-less at that point, falling in love with India's kids. I was the one buying them little gifts, and playing games on the floor. Obviously, the circle has changed. Several of the women from the original circle of home births still participate. The midwife who caught many of those babies comes to every circle. A few new goddesses have joined. The common denominator is our connection to one friend, and to the Goddess. My wish for every woman is to feel the love, admiration, and support I share with my friends. Yeah. Have I mentioned how great my friends are? And I'm really lovin' my cyber community, too!

3 Comments:

  • At 3/24/2005 02:01:00 PM, Anonymous chasmyn said…

    And we love you :)

    What a wonderful circle of friends you have. A blessing indeed.

     
  • At 3/25/2005 08:36:00 AM, Blogger Miko said…

    Yes, we love you back! And Lily, too!

     
  • At 3/25/2005 09:48:00 AM, Blogger Creatrix (aka Jennifer) said…

    My dear friend, Beryl, who first introduced me to the idea of the goddess circle passed in 2002 from cervical cancer. She was a jewish hippie earth mama who had an infectious laugh and fierce blue eyes. She took me under her wing and showed me that women weren't to be feared. It was due to her drive to bring women together in acceptance that I went on to co-create a larger community centered around day events. The community is still thriving without me (I moved away). Yeah! Helping bring goddesses together to experience the sacred feminine is one of the most powerful and beautiful acts I participate in.

    That said, I am humbled. For I feel lucky, too, oh so lucky to now have a cyber goddess circle starting with incredible beings like you, gaiagal, emerging from the binary universe.

    *Namaste*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home