gaiagal

Sunday, February 13, 2005

My house, the toilet

I have an elderly cat, Mona, who has been in kidney failure for at least 1.5 years. We give her fluids under her skin daily, and have adjusted her diet. She's still a happy little 4-pound kitty with a lot of fluff and a huge affection for me. Lately, she has lost control of her bladder while she sleeps. So, I dug out the diapers and changing pads, and place them under her. And do a lot more laundry than normal. This is fine, as long as Mona is willing to hang out, I'm willing to care for her. Since this has been happening, the dog has decided that the office floor would be an appropriate place for her to do her business. Five days in a row. And once on the rug in front hall. Help!

1 Comments:

  • At 2/14/2005 06:30:00 AM, Blogger Miko said…

    Poor little Mona! And poor you, too. You have a lot of patience. I had a kitty who suffered from incontinence as a side-effect of FIP, and I remember how hard it was to care for her towards the end, especially as she kept trying to get into my bed with me at night.

    Take care of yourselves!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home