gaiagal

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Sparkly day

The whole yard is dripping with ice today. This is the upward view from my front door. Lily and I have been sliding around the ice-covered snow. John's business is keeping him running, he's working 7 days a week now. I guess I can't complain about that? This past week brought some unfortunate new for two friends. One has been listed for a heart transplant. She has the same disease I have, only was misdiagnosed for several years. Her story so far is unbelieveable, she has surpassed all expectations. I'm confident that she'll get a new heart and do very well. The other woman was the only friend I had when I moved to MA. She is French, and her husband is Spanish, and they have 5 lovely children. She was good to me. She hosted 2 baby showers for me, one at the school we taught in, and another at her home so I could get to know some local moms. She was one of only two friends who came to visit Lily in the hospital when she had open heart surgery. Well, she and her husband have split, and he was recently accused of sexual assult by one of his teenaged daughter's friends. The lawsuit involves some $16 million. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, there is one layer of hideous on top of layers of awful, terrible, sickening, gut-wrenching. Hoping next week brings positive news...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home