gaiagal

Sunday, January 23, 2005

The many hairstyles of the 80's

Melissa dared me, so here are some 80's photos. What a bizarre, fun time. 1986: With friends from high school in Wisconsin. I'm the one with big hoop earrings. Don't know where any of those people are now. 1987: During my short stint as a blonde. Made the big move from WI to the East Coast after one semester of college. Here I am on the NYC subway. Slowly moving out my punk rock phase. I loved that shirt! Wonder what happened to it. 1988: I was a nanny for a family in CT that had this private jet. We were on our way to their home in Bermuda for a month. Spent a lot of time clubbing in NYC at that time of my life. The Tunnel was a favorite. 1989: With Leslie. Where exactly did we think we were going dressed like that? Underage, and in Hartford. I don't remember, but I'm sure we had fun. Obviously, Lester is the one who modeled. And still does. I'm looking forward to posting some of her husband's work here soon. I have to find a photo of my husband from the 80's. You know, pastel jacket, jazz shoes, and skinny tie? While digging through this stuff, I came across some old cassette tapes. Mixes I had put together with friends. One is labeled "Classical Music at 78rpm". I vaguely remember driving around quite pleased with ourselves listening to that. Sheesh.

6 Comments:

  • At 1/23/2005 10:02:00 PM, Blogger chasmyn said…

    I love the 80's photos. I was just listening to some of my favourite 80's music today. Synchronicity.

     
  • At 1/24/2005 09:16:00 AM, Blogger Miko said…

    Hey, you're a total babe Dawn! I love your pics. Won't you put some recent ones up too?

    Isn't it interesting how it's always the hair, rather than the clothes, that define the decade?

    I remember this guy sent me tape mixes from NZ for years ... I realise now that he fancied me, but I just didn't get it at the time.

     
  • At 1/24/2005 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Lester said…

    Oh how I loved the 80's! My husband laughs at my ridiculous choice of programed radio stations in the car. "But honey, that one has the 80's drive at 5:00 and that one has the 80's flashback weekend"!! I remember you through most of those hair-do's Gaiagal and you always looked great to me...hey we were cool!

     
  • At 1/24/2005 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Miko said…

    Yes, you were cool! You are beautiful too, Lester!

     
  • At 1/25/2005 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Those are really nice pictures. At times during the 80s I had some "higher the hair, the closer to heaven" thing going on and umm, a big-ass ponytail on the side. Ye-oouchhh.(Shudders....)

     
  • At 1/29/2005 08:23:00 AM, Blogger hijacked frequencies said…

    LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICS!!!! You outdid me posting so many...now I'm gonna have to find my prom pic and let you decide if I used 1 or 2 cans of hairspray that night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home