gaiagal

Friday, December 31, 2004

This New Year's Eve thing is way over-rated. All kinds of pressure to have a fabulous night, new clothes, drinking, and heaps of fun. Like prom. I can't think of a single year when I had that sort of fun. Except maybe the year when I was driving back to Connecticut from Wisconsin with an especially entertaining friend, and we were stranded in some tiny town in Pennsylvania in a snow storm. We went to a local tavern and had dinner and then nearby to a cheesy danceclub for the night. Unplanned fun. Complete with party hats and bad champagne. During that drive we also took photos of every bathroom we stopped in. She must have that collection of photos...I have the 'wet floor' signs we collected along the way. So, in 2004, I'm home with a kid who has a nasty cold and fever. We've been in the house for 2 days now, doing puzzles, watching Land Before Time, and snoozing on the couch. She's actually been quiet. Now we are airing out the house, doing lots of laundry, and trying to get moving after sleeping until 11:30. (one of the perks of being a stay-at-home-mom with a sick kid) She's chatting more and more, that's my gauge of level of illness. After the munchkin is in bed, I plan on making dinner for me and John. Swordfish steaks and wilted collard greens. Some nice wine, maybe rent a movie. And I'll do all of this in jeans and some warm, cozy top and maybe even slippers. Not a bit of sparkle in my ensemble. Any plans?

1 Comments:

  • At 12/31/2004 05:50:00 PM, Blogger chasmyn said…

    Well, if I can manage to stop feeling like ass, we're going to hang at Kim and Jays with the Allen clan - all 5 of the kids. And probably some other folks they've invited over, as well. If I don't stop feeling liks ass, I'll be here watching TV on my aofa. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home