gaiagal

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Long weekend notes

Well, I managed to eat some gluten on Thanksgiving, so I spent the rest of the weekend feeling cruddy. No matter how good the intentions of the host, I just can't eat at other people's houses unless I'm there during food preparation. *sigh* The women came on Friday night for full moon. One of the regulars invited a friend, and forgot to mention that it was a women's circle. So, she brought her man. There were a few raised eyebrows at first, but he participated and it felt just fine from my perspective. The universe is just reminding us to be flexible, right? Finally managed to put away the Halloween decorations, and to find the other boxes of holiday stuff in the very cluttered basement. I carefully packed up all of my bride and groom skeleton sets, all of which have been gifts from our friends Mark and Dave. Getting married on Halloween set us up for some interesting stuff. Here is a sample of the dead bride and groom sets we've received: First anniversary: my favorite still, stays out year long Third anniversary: my daughter would NOT let us put these out this year. Sixth anniversary: if only this were an audio blog, you could hear them sing "I got you, babe"

1 Comments:

  • At 11/28/2004 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Miko said…

    I always make my friends eat in buffet-style restaurants now, I really hate having stuff plonked on my plate that I'm not supposed to be eating (dedicated low-carber here!). Those skeleton couples are amazing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home