gaiagal

Friday, September 17, 2004

theBlueSmokeBand.com

I have lost track of my friend Brian on several occasions. I recently tracked him down again, to find him living happily in CA, engaged to be married, and doing all sorts of interesting stuff....from writing to woodworking to computer programming. We went to college together, and spent many hours in the stupid student center, entertaining ourselves with a vastly diverse group of guys. Philosophy majors, computer tech guys, artists, the politically inclined, and me. The general outcasts of campus. And without a doubt, having more fun than the others. I was poking around there tonight, and it occurred to me that several people who visit here would enjoy Brian's site. I especially like his writing, as articulate as ever: Non-Renewable Resources BTW, I am an official member of the BrawnyLunchboxBand BlueSmokeBand. My responsibilities as a band member have never been discussed.

2 Comments:

  • At 9/19/2004 03:19:00 PM, Blogger chasmyn said…

    Great music, thanks!

     
  • At 9/20/2004 09:52:00 PM, Blogger theBlueSmokeBand said…

    You're welcome for the music :)

    Dawn's official role in the band has changed over the years. What is so special about her role is that it is unarticulatedly crucial to theBlueSmokeBand's survival. How? That's one of life's beautiful mysteries.

    It probably has something to do with introducing us to cool bands, cool people, cool food at cool diners in the middle of the night, and joining a cool collage of renegade revolutionary thinkers -- indeed always having more fun than the others.

    Here's to catching up :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home