gaiagal

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Goodbye Miracle

Miracle

August 20, 1994 - September 19, 2004

Mitakuye Oyasin.... We Are All Related in the Sacred Hoop of Life.

Aho! May It Ever Be So.

The birth of Miracle the White Buffalo fulfilled a prophecy for many Native American people. The Legend of the White Buffalo Woman has been told and retold for generations, and although there have been several white calves born, Miracle's birth was the only one that satisfied all circumstances foretold in the legend. Born in 1994, the Dalai Lama sent gifts, and of course Michael Jackson tried to buy her. Thousands of people have visited the farm in Wisconsin where she lived and left gifts. There are stories of healing, new opportunities, and love from simply seeing her. Just as with any pilgrimage, I suppose.

I have visited Miracle at least once a year since her birth. She lived in my hometown, not far from my family. I am lucky enough to have touched her, and have a bit of her fur. (Brown at that time) I have my own story, but I'll save it. The entire situation of her birth on a small farm and how the circus following her arrival was handled amazes me. Still, volunteers run a small gift shop / museum on the farmer's property.

The Heiders own the farm where she lived, and they have been away for the past week or so. They waited until this weekend to make the announcement, but she died on September 19.

Visit Miracle's site here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home