gaiagal

Friday, September 10, 2004

First Day

I just left this cute face at school. The anticipation of starting preschool has caused sleepless nights for both of us. And temper tantrums. I've thought about this moment for a full year now, imagining drama and tears. Hoping for a peaceful start, but sorta preparing for the worst. Here's how the parting conversation went: me: "I'll pick you up after class. Have a great time!" kid: "I will!" (without even looking at me, while running off to play in the log house) Should I rejoice or cry? A little of both, I'm thinkin'.

3 Comments:

  • At 9/10/2004 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I agree, a little bit of both. She is sooo cute.

     
  • At 9/11/2004 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Miko said…

    Yes, she is adorable! They grow so fast ... soak it up while you can, Dawn!

     
  • At 9/11/2004 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    What a sweet face! It's probably best she was into the school first thing. You wouldn't want to leave her there all sad. Then, of course, you cry all the way home. Such a milestone.

    Many blessings to you both.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home