gaiagal

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The little voice

I keep learning the lesson the hard way. I certainly know to listen to my intuition. So why didn't I stop myself last night? It was 12:00, I was leaving a nice little bar with an acoustic open mic night, and there was the hot dog vendor on the corner. Now, normally I don't even eat hot dogs. I'm allergic to wheat, so I can't have the bun. I had many reasons NOT to eat the hot dog. It was the smell, and the fact that I had a drink. I had a giant sausage on a plate complete with peppers and onions. And a Coke. I went home feeling satisfied. I woke up at 7:00 with a bit of nausea. Didn't drink enough to have a hangover. Daughter woke me again at 8:00 with her happy little face wanting to go out to the garden. Then the first round of vomiting. There would be 3 more rounds to follow, not to mention the gut-wrenching diarrhea and sick headache. I can't even hold ginger tea down. My little girlie has been great about keeping herself busy as I alternate laying on the couch with crouching in the bathroom. There was a time this morning when I considered bringing a blanket into the bathroom and just laying on the floor to have quick access. When I was in grade school, I got sick after eating cake and drinking fruit punch. I've not cared for either since then. I wonder if I'll ever eat another hot dog?

2 Comments:

  • At 8/20/2004 12:36:00 PM, Blogger JohnFen said…

    Since Discordians are forbidden from eating hot dog buns (for such was the solace of Our Lady after the Original Snub), perhaps She is trying to tell you something ;)

     
  • At 8/21/2004 09:04:00 AM, Blogger Cap'n Marrrrk said…

    It's the smell that gets us everytime...stupid smell.

    Sorry you got sick. That blows.

    The problem is that there isn't enough dog in the hot dog, its "pork" and stuff. Maybe it should have been full bred.

    As for your spontaneous aversion therapy. You might always eat one in the future. Have you ever drank too much and puked, then drank again?

    It's the smell...it will get you every time

     

Post a Comment

<< Home