gaiagal

Saturday, August 14, 2004

The Faire

Faery at the Faire King Richard's Faire opens in 3 weeks. We are going to stay on the Cape for Labor day weekend, and attend opening ceremonies. This faire is different than other Ren Faires in that the buildings and site are permanent. It's set among old, very tall pine trees. I adore the smell of the pine needles crunching under all those feet. It's fabulous people watching. Some people go all out with their costumes, and others look like tourists on another planet, they are so uncomfortable with the atmosphere. It's one of those things that you love....or don't get at all. John turned me on to the Faire when we first started seeing each other. He knew all the performers and the layout of the whole place. After we married, we moved from Hartford to the Boston area (where the Faire is). When I gave birth to my daughter, I had a doula assist. When I became critically ill just after giving birth, I had a post-partum doula who came to the house everyday to help. We became close, and she and her husband became some of our only friends in the area. Finally....the point of this....my doula's husband is the general manager for the Faire. Looking forward to seeing them, as well! And hopefully the gargoyle will be there. Lily kissed him! What to wear? Three years ago, Lily was almost one, and I simply put little horns on her head. They came right out of her forehead, she looked like a goatbaby. The next year she wore a little faery costume, with a wand. Last year, in typical 3-year old fashion, she refused to wear her peacock costume. (which she simply HAD to have the day before) We did buy mother / daughter bat wings last year. That'll work.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home