gaiagal

Friday, August 20, 2004

DEtRITUS

In Memoriam: E M Cioran This is an example of the work of my friend Detritus. He painted it just after Cioran died in 1995. A few things about Det: he is from the Basque Country, commonly known as the oldest ethnic group in Europe (with a fascinating language unrelated to any other!), he is one of the most sincere, humble and kind human beings I've met, and I connect immediately with his work. We were lucky to receive a painting as a wedding gift. His enchanting wife knows that my favorite tarot card is the Star from Crowley's Thoth deck, and she asked him to paint it for me. It's stunning, but undoubtedly the most cheerful painting he's created. You can see it here amidst a shrine of sorts for my friend India just after she died. Vete a mirar las pinturas: DEtRITUS

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home